THE LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATE COURSE IS AN INTRODUCTION TO CROSSFIT’S METHODOLOGY AND FOUNDATIONAL MOVEMENTS.
The Level 1 provides introductory education on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit. It is structured to meet two goals:
1. Provide attendees with the knowledge to better use CrossFit methods for themselves; and
2. Provide attendees with an initial and foundational education to begin training others using CrossFit.
The course includes classroom instruction on these topics, as well as hands-on small-group training for the movements. These group sessions are conducted under low intensity with a focus on improving mechanics. Participants’ movements are observed and corrected, and they engage in dialogue concerning effective coaching techniques. Large-group CrossFit workouts are conducted as an example of bridging the gap from theory to practice. These workouts provide examples of how to:
- Conduct a class.
- Hold a standard of proper mechanics at high intensity.
- Achieve relative high levels of intensity for each individual.
- Scale for any ability level.
Description courtesy of CrossFit Inc